|Photo Credit: Amazon.com|
Disclaimer: The author is not responsible for any incorrect or unclear information provided in this post. You read this article and follow the information at your own risk. Prices are subject to change over time.
As you know camera companies, like Nikon, Sony, and Olympus, has started pushing out the new compact DSLR cameras. It has been promised these new compact cameras give near real DSLR quality photos, and is extremely compact and light weight due to the lack of mirror and viewfinder. The rest of the camera is pretty much the same as a big bulky DSLR as it has interchangeable lenses too with different mode switches and flash hot-shoes. Canon has now released their own compact DSLR line beginning the EOS M series cameras which is also compatible with both EF-S and EF mount lenses as long as an adapter is used. The camera is compatible with the new EF-M mount lenses with no adapter. This new camera is an 18 megapixel camera and has most of the functions a real Canon EOS DSLR would have. The new camera features a CMOS (APS-C) sensor, DIGIC 5 Image Processor, and an ISO range of 100 to 25600. Compared to a 35mm full frame sensor camera, this camera has a crop ratio of 1.6x. The new EOS M camera has all the modes a regular DSLR has (Auto, Creative Auto, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority, Manual, and Bulb) plus lot's of creative "scene modes" including Portrait, Landscape, Close Up, Sports, Night Portrait, Hand-held Night Scene Mode, and HDR Backlight Control Mode. The camera also captures crystal clear 1080p video and offers full time auto focus during the take (use STM lens for quieter/smoother focusing during video). Videos and photos can be viewed on a TV via mini-HDMI. These are just some of the features of the new EOS M series cameras. If you have $800 to spare and hate carrying your big bulky DSLR everywhere you go, or you just want to do some amateur photography work, I would recommend you to buy and try one of these cameras! If you do, please use my link! Thank you for reading!
Accessories for the new camera.
- Dimensions: Approx. 4.28 x 2.62 x 1.27 in./ 108.6 x 66.5 x 32.3mm
- Weight: Approx. 9.2 oz. / 262g (body only)
- Storage: SD, SDHC, SDXC cards
- LCD: Touchscreen, fingerprint resistant, 3 inch screen
- No viewfinder, LCD is used
- No built in flash. Needs Speedlite 90EX or other flash. (Standard Hotshoe)
- 18 MP CMOS Sensor (3:2 ratio photos)(1.6x crop ratio compared to 35mm full frame)
- Photo Modes: JPEG, RAW, RAW+JPEG
- Ultrasonic Sensor Cleaning and Dust Delete like the real DSLRs
- Full 1080p video (stereo audio and auto focus during take), can be played back on TV via mini-HDMI
- Features all DSLR Modes (Auto, Creative Auto, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority, Manual, and Bulb)
- Features scene modes like Portrait, Landscape, Close Up, Sports, Night Portrait, Hand-held Night Scene Mode, and HDR Backlight Control Mode